Friday, July 1, 2011

Sock Solution

It's a mesh bag with a zipper. My mom said that she would sew names for all the bags. Mike's concern was black socks- we'll see. The bag is mocking me- Simple Solutions.

I hate laundry- picking it up, putting it in a washer or dryer, sorting it and putting it away. My laundry nemesis is socks. With 9 people who wear socks that is 63 pairs of socks per week. (Yes, Adam you need to change your socks everyday.)
I have tried putting names with sharpie pens on the bottom of the socks, putting all socks in a communal bucket, and have tried to convince younger children to go without sometimes. I had a brain storm last night- each person gets a mesh bag that closes. They put their dirty socks within and the socks are washed and dried and delivered back to their room. No sorting! If they cannot find their socks- it's not my problem. Do they make bags big enough for each persons clothes... hmmm invention opportunities.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen so many socks in my life! I go crazy over socks and I only have 3 kids. Let me know how the mesh bag works out - you might be onto something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how is the mesh bag method working?

    ReplyDelete