Sunday, April 25, 2010

Extra sweet prayers


In Primary today, I taught a lesson about dares. Specifically not taking a dare unless it's like I dare you to choose the right. The manual says to end the lesson with an incident where you may have taken a dare and what the results were. When I was 11 I was dared to steal a pack of gum and I did and I got in a whole bunch of trouble and stolen gum tastes horrible. So I tell this story and the kids (all 4 year-olds) look at me like I have two heads. At the end of the class, the little girl who gave the prayer asked Heavenly Father sincerely to help Sister Malm from stealing gum.

4 comments:

  1. Did your mom make you chew it all at once or something? No wonder you have an issue with gum and gum smacking. It all makes sense now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Such fun teaching that age :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! I know you'll be strong, Beth! But we'll all keep you in our prayers (just teasing!). I love that story.

    ReplyDelete