Friday, May 7, 2010

Even if you use your words, I may not understand


At the ward fiesta Kenny was crying. Meg walked him around. Jonathan walked him around. I held him. Nana gave him candy and he was still upset. He didn't have a fever. Jonathan took him to the car to get his bottle. When he came back in with the still upset boy, Jon said that Kenny yelled every word he knew at Jon in the parking lot. I set the Buddha on my lap and unbuttoned his outfit, checked his diaper and then I took off his shoes. His feet were swollen from being in too tight footwear. Megan then remembered he was pointing to his Pooh shoes and yelling yucky.
Poor thing. He tried to tell us but we couldn't understand. I felt bad.
The next day, he jumped out of his high chair and brought me his plate. I said, "Thank you!" A while later I found him on the counter eating Macaroni and Cheese out of the pan. I guess he has decided if I don't understand him, he'll just take care of it.

1 comment:

  1. At least he is resourceful. It is frustrating on both sides when they can't be understood.

    ReplyDelete