Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The kitchen clean-up contest


I asked Jon if he thought I could clean the kitchen before the kettle boiled water. He looked around at the seriously messy kitchen piled with breakfast, lunch, and dinner plates and said, if it boils after you are done I will go without hot chocolate. Deal. He puts the water on and I begin to speed clean. Once Jon turns his back I turn the kettle down to med- wondering if he'll notice. He does not when the stove makes that clicking noise from turning down the heat. But, 5 minutes later he looked over there and saw the trick and said, "clever, but not clever enough." So two cups of hugs and kisses hot chocolate! (And I didn't even get the stove clean.) Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. You should've challenged Jon to see if HE could clean the kitchen before the kettle boiled. I'm glad I'm not the only one with dirty breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes in the evening.

    ReplyDelete