Friday, February 6, 2009

Stupid dishwasher


Before dinner I asked Patrick to unload the dishwasher. He told me that all the dishes had sandy stuff on them. This dishwasher has been trouble since we installed it last year. The repair man has been out three times and it still does this kind of stuff. Patrick and I started rinsing the dishes before we put them away. This started making me angry. The more stuff I washed off- gritty stuff- the more I got mad. After it was unloaded I picked a couple things out of the bottom and became frustrated. I then began to yell at it and started dumping pitchers of hot water into the bottom of the dishwasher. Jonathan and Patrick freaked out as the bottom started swimming with water and all sorts of debris. "How am I going to get this crud out of here?" Jon and Patrick said "don't know." "Get me the wet/dry vac!" "What?" So I storm out to the garage and get the stupid vac and start sucking up all the water and stuff that was floating in the bottom. We loaded the dishwasher, ran it. It produced the cleanest load of dishes I've ever seen from it. Even the inside looked clean. Who knew I had to get tough with it?

1 comment:

  1. You tell that stupid dishwasher who's boss!!

    Maybe he feels overloaded and wishes he lived with a smaller family. Or maybe he thinks he's too cool for sippy cups. Whatever the reason, he needs to get his act together!

    ReplyDelete