Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tired of the same old thing


Ground sausage, onion, celery, bell pepper on a baked delicata squash . (All for 9 points, oh yeah that's info for the other blog). The recipe called for 1/3 cup of sour cream but that would be too good. I'm getting tired of eating baked chicken so here's something different. Yes, this was lunch and the Kenny and Mary ate leftover goulash- but Kenny did sit on Mike's lap and try some bites. The other children wouldn't have tried the squash- so why waste such a yummy treat?

3 comments:

  1. You're the only other person I've met that makes goulash (or at least calls it that)! That is a staple at our house. You can't go wrong with ground beef, green pepper, onion, and a starch. How do you make yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta admit I wouldn't have tried the squash either. It gets too mushy for me--I've got a thing about mushy veggies.

    My mom, on the other hand, would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goulash- ground beef, stewed tomatoes- 2 big cans blended in the blender (my mom doesn't blend but my kids refuse to eat big blobs of tomatoes), onion (finely chopped and browned with the meat) and noodles. I usually pass around kraft parmesan cheese as a table topper. My mom makes a variety called "Don't you Tell" where you make goulash add a can of drained olives, a tbs of chili powder top it with cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly. Both very easy and children will eat.

    ReplyDelete