Monday, October 12, 2009

FHE treat


We had animal cookies for our family home evening treat. Megan gave a lesson about the difference between a journal and a diary. Jon said that Journals were more manly and Meg said that Journals keep more important introspection than a diary. (The younger children didn't have any input except they wanted to sing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam for the closing song.) Mike said my blog was more a diary- he doesn't feel all my feelings and insights pouring out from my blogumentary? His loss. Anyway, she encouraged everyone in the family to keep a Journal.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure. I know I don't put everything I think and feel onto the blog. If it's on the Internet, anyone can see--and remind you of it later.

    But I also haven't written down everything I think either. Although it would be cathartic, I worry about who would read it someday. Do people really need to know about the day I was really frustrated with my husband? I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, I would love to know what you had for dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... that would be the smorgasborg of leftovers. Kevin ate Cincinnati chili and breakfast casserole. Evan had a big lunch, so all he ate was crackers, I think. I had my leftover Broc au Spud from Jason's Deli.

    Exciting, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was growing up my mom called that fend for yourself night- eat the leftovers from the fridge night.

    ReplyDelete