Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grandma Kathy

Today was a funeral for a dear friend Kathy. For my daughter Kelly this was the first death of someone that she knew and loved. Kathy invited Kelly over to spend time with her grand-daughter Olivia about 4 years ago and more invitations followed about twice a month from then. Olivia and Kelly became best friends and spent many weekends at Kathy and Bill's house. Kathy would paint the girl's nails, fix them special meals, make cotton candy and crafts. Kelly said that Kathy would play Old Maid with her and Olivia and Kathy would always get the Old Maid card. The time she spent at their house was fun and my other kids would always want to get invited over too. Kathy told me the one time after she had four of my children and her three grandchildren over, that it reminded her of what her house felt and sounded like when she was growing up- she was one of the younger children of a large family.

Kelly cried and cried during the service today. It's hard not to feel sorry for ourselves for our loss. Bill and Kathy were going to take Kelly and Olivia to Disney Land this next summer. But, Kathy is so happy on the other side of the veil. It's great to know that this is a temporary separation, through ordinances of the restored church of Jesus Christ we can live with our loved ones again. Death is just a step in our progression.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family's loss, but especially Kelly's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt' know her very well, but the past couple of months I was able to sit by her in relief society and chat with her and get to know her a little better so I was really sorry I couldn't make it to her funeral. She was a very neat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly sorry for your family andyour your friends family lose

    ReplyDelete