Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I can't win


Patrick, Kelly and Adam had dental cleaning appointments right after school this afternoon. When they all came in the door I told them to go brush their teeth. Adam started whining that he is afraid of the dentist. I told him to remember watching cartoons while they did his teeth- so he calmed down. Well, Mary heard all this talk told me she wasn't going. I insisted that she could not stay home alone that she and Kenny would wait with the TV and the toys. She stomped up to her room and slammed the door. I followed and could hardly open it because she was barricading me out. Once I reached her, I dragged her and Kenny to the van. She yelled all the way there and told me she would wait in the car. Again, no. I dragged her into the office and set her down with all the toys and she then became happy. The other three had their cleanings and she played and told some bigger boys they should not play with girl toys. When all was done, and the toys put away, she noticed the older kids had new toothbrushes and a toy from the treasure chest. She then began a fit that she wanted those items- I told her she played with toys so she did not get the loot. I ended up carrying her out of there.

2 comments:

  1. Oh lovely ! :) Sounds vaguely familiar...

    We had cleanings yesterday afternoon too! Apparently we don't go to the same dentist or Kenny and Ella could have played together. Our dentist did gave Ella bubbles and a toothbrush- just for showing up I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not envy you.

    But I thought Adam was a huge fan of the dentist and asked to go all of the time. Did he forget?

    ReplyDelete