Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ring ring, it's the school nurse... to the theme of Jaws


I get leery when I answer the phone after Mike has left for work and it is the school nurse. Thoughts of how I'm going to drag Kenny and Mary to the school and into the nurses office in a timely manner go through my head. Is Mary dressed, is Kenny just in his pj's or worse in a saggy diaper?
Luckily? Adam slipped on the ice at recess and his head injury will be okay. The nurse asked me if I wanted to speak to Adam, so I asked him if he had a headache and he said he didn't know. The nurse told me he didn't want to put ice on his head because he wanted to go back outside, she didn't think he needed to come home. Phew. On all counts.

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for tough kids! Glad he's ok. I don't know how you get 5 kids out the door every morning in the snowy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much everything was put together, set out, and signed the night before- snow and cold gear included. The worse part is warming and scraping the car to take them at 7:45! Luckily Mike is home in the morning so the little ones can stay home and watch Super Why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Glad he is ok! And you didn't have to go in! (I dread those calls too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Adam is OK. Haven't had a call from preschool yet, but I worry about it every time when I sign him in and give my contact numbers.

    ReplyDelete