Monday, August 11, 2008

Dress making

It was all about me today. My mom is always making my girls beautiful dresses and skirts. She always made me dresses when I was younger- even my wedding dress and then the focus went to my children once they were born. I have thought it is wonderful to see my girls twirling around in their dresses that I would not have been able to afford if my mom had not sewn them. But, today was my day. We went to Hobby Lobby and bought material and stuff and went to her house and she fitted the dress as she sewed. When I left she just had the sleeves and the hem to put in. It is really pretty.
My girls- 11, 7 and 3 want some matching dresses made with the extra material. I didn't believe my 11 year-old daughter at first- "You would want to match me and the younger girls?" She said with a rousing "Yes, I would." Wait to see us at a pew near you.
Picture: Megan and Kelly in the graduation dresses that Nana made in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment