Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hula Lula


We went to the ward dinner tonight. It was a luau at the stake center. The achievement day girls (girls 8-11) danced to the Lilo and Stitch Roller Coaster ride music. Sister Maualaivao taught the girls the Tongan dance. The Maualaivao daughters and their cousins came and did a show (besides the girls). We had BBQ beef sandwiches, salads, and desserts. I brought my famous pineapple cake.
I went to Goodwill last night to get Hawaiian shirts- even a little one for Kenny. I went to Wal-Mart this morning and got some material for the mumus. It took an hour or so to figure out how to take material and make a dress without sewing. So three safety pins and some scissors and tadah. I really need to learn how to use my serger so the strings wouldn't have been hanging by the end of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment