Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday


Sundays are so tiring. It doesn't help with Kenny waking every three hours last night. By 5 am I had had enough. Mike took the baby and changed him and rocked him. It can be challenging.


Yet, in Relief Society we had a lesson about death. We talked about Mathew 5 where it says Blessed are those that mourn. How can we be happy or grateful for death? Last year when I was pregnant with Kenny it looked most likely he had trisomy 18. With this genetic problem he would not live through the pregnancy or would die a few hours after birth. I felt so grateful when he was born healthy. I could see the other side so clearly- baby dead, blessed to mourn. I had a miscarriage before Kenny. I was at the 20 week ultrasound excited to find out if we were having a boy or a girl and then I saw a baby not moving just floating in there. I didn't feel to mournful just a little numb. I do feel blessed that I know that I will be able to raise that baby in the millenium. I know that we will see our brothers and sisters that have passed through the veil. Sister Quillen gave the lesson and said that death is to remind us there is a plan of salvation. It's always good to go to church and feel the spirit and learn.


We came home, ate some left over soup and stir fry and took naps. Hopefully Kenny will sleep tonight. I'm so glad he's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment