Thursday, October 23, 2008

The feast.





































I was putting some butter in the basement freezer the other day. I saw a turkey that I bought last November. I had hopes to cook it over the year even in the summer in my roaster- but the turkey was too big for the roaster at 22 pounds. So, I pulled it out and last night we had turkey and some of the trimmings-cranberries, stuffing, mash potatoes. Patrick is allergic to poultry- so ham, for him. Kenny was afraid of jello a couple of weeks ago- but he tried it during dinner and mash potatoes (he got a bath later.)
It was a lot of work for a weeknight dinner- hooray for leftovers. I had no problem using paper plates though. I think we'll have salmon for Thanksgiving this year (maybe on paper plates!).

2 comments:

  1. Amen to paper plates! I'm still trying to convince my husband on paper plates on Thanksgiving. I can't even get him to compromise on the heavy duty Chinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i am so glad i am not the only one who uses that kind of china....and as melinda said i to believe its good for the holidays, but like her husband he does not... so he gets to do dishes, yep that too is a good dream!have a great day

    ReplyDelete